HELLO

2.1.10

Obsession to Basics

After reading Harper's Bazaar's recent book on creating, or recreating, the best and most succesful wardrobe ever, I have decided the time for amazing stand out pieces is dead. The January sales are the best opportunity to nab some basic pieces, dirt cheap. I will save my pennies for the summer sales to find some amazing dresses, as both this years S/S and A/W collections will have been rolled out, and the bargains will be a-flow everywhere.


So! What is on my basics shopping list? Well, first off, a Trench coat. My last Trench was a sad and sorry size 14 (AHHHHH!) from Primark. It made me look like a horse drowning in layers and layers of material, the shoulders were ridiculously wide and rouched! Having a DD bust, and not being particularly tall, really did not aid in the desperate salvation of this number, and hence I sold it to a tall very slim friend. And hence I will be looking in Topshop to get an amazing Kate Moss style skinny trench. Hopefully this will be more successful.

Next up is two amazing pairs of jeans. I want them both skinny, as this I feel, best accentuates my legs.. which are... not as fat as everything else! One in white, one in deep blue. An amazing pair of jeans are the key to any woman's wardrobe. Dress up with a blazer and heels, dress down with a cardi and pumps. What could be easier!

I am also searching the market for some amazing knitwear. First of all- cardigans. I now have three cardigans that I am happy to wear. Two grey- both long, one thin material bluey grey, and the other thicker with big brown buttons. The other is very special- the sleeves are black cotton and the back is all black lace.. SEXYYY! But, I am going to search for a basic cardigan in blue, camel, cream, black and grey. I also prefer the longer style as I feel the shorter styles cut me up too much, and as I am not tall its a big NO NO.

Secondly, I am really desperate for some chunky knits. I want them to throw over leggings and uggs, or to dress down a posh frock. I got a cricket jumper for Christmas from my Grandfather, which I adore, but is in a short cut, and the neck line is very high. I will be having it slightly altered, but untill then it probably wont leave the hanger. I really want some vintage style chunky cardigans, made really loosely knit, but still warm. I want this in a camel colour, and another with embroidery, just to add to the vintage theme I am loving this year.

OH! Happy New Year! XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥