HELLO

24.7.11

OOTD: Afternoon Tea

Hello lovely readers!
Today's outfit was heavily inspired by a look I saw on the Style Observer, which is a fantastic style website written by the lovely Jean. She is so keen eyed, and accurately observes styles and trends that are actually wearable. Want to channel Victoria Beckham's classic yet sharp style, or Jennifer Lopez's yummy mummy look, then head on over to the Style Observer to get the best hints and tips on the web. 


It is my aunt and uncles twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, and to celebrate we are going to a family and friends afternoon tea! I thought this was such a fantastic way to celebrate such a momentous occasion' surrounded by the people that love you, in your own home comforts. 


Despite the occasion being family orientated, I still feel you can dress in a stylish and sharp way. Whatever the occasion, dress for you. Here is the first image that inspired me...


And the second.. is of course the forever stunning Kate Middleton  Duchess of Cambridge, in the absolutely beautiful blue Reiss (I think) dress, worn the day after her wedding. Oh, speaking of the Royal Wedding, the Duchess' wedding dress is now on display. Click here to find more.
And here is my mix of the two looks. If you would like a tutorial on any element of the look, just leave me a comment below and I will try to do it for you. 
 Face Make Up is my basic look. I do have a tutorial on my blog and my youtube channel. 
 Suede Navy Shoes from Primark
 Navy military style dress from Primark. Ruffled cardigan from Banana Republic. 
Hair tutorial coming soon!
Thanks for reading everybody! I hope you like the look. I chose heels from the Victoria Beckham look rather than wedges from the Duchess of Cambridge look, as I just cannot stand wedges. They really do my odd looking calves no favors, so I generally avoid them. My summer shoes are flip-flops not wedges! Love, peace and happiness....

3 comments:

gorgeous outfit :)
you look stunning. x

@fashion fixation. Thank you!

love your shoes! i have a pair just like it but in hot pink.

goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
style and musings of a LA fashion lawyer

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥