HELLO

10.8.11

Review: La Roche Posay, Effeclar K

Hello lovelies!
It's time for another review. I haven't done one in a whole, bur after my MAJOR haul I have some new products to play with.




Up first, is a product I had some pretty high expectations of: the La Roche Posay, Effeclar K. At £13 from Boots, it isn't the most expensive skin care I've ever splurged on, but still not cheap. And for that price I expected some good results... Unfortunately this isn't the case.


If we are going to be honest I wasn't entirely sure what the Effeclar K was actually meant to do, or where in my skin care regime it should fit. There was little information on the packaging, or accompanying leaflet. So I visited the La Roche Posay website to gain some more detail on the product. After reading it works well 'as a base for make up', I took the assumption that the Effeclar K worked in a similar way to a primer.


Following the primer train of thought, mixed with the prior knowledge that the Effeclar line is specifically developed for oily skin, I used the product on the most oily areas of my face: nose, chin, upper lip and forehead. These areas become shiny over the day and often break through both my liquid foundation and setting powder. I expected the product to create a smooth base to apply to, that would also maintain coverage through the day.


Unfortunately this really wasn't the case. Instead of smoothing my skin, creating an even layer, the product dried my skin out so much that when I then applied my Chanel Pro Lumier foundation, it split, crisped and became disgustingly tight and gritty.


So I returned this product, and despite LOVING the La Roche Posay Eau Thermale spray, I am going to be wary buying any more products from the Effeclar line. Love, hugs and peace...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥