HELLO

15.11.10

Recipe: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup

This is a different post for me! Alongside my love for fashion, I really enjoy cooking and being in the kitchen. When Alex visits, or I go to Newcastle, we always cook together, and when I am here in London, it's a sort of reminder of the times we are together. I have been cooking for myself, and my family, for about three years. I generally stick to what I know how to cook (lasagna, roast dinners, pastas..) but sometimes I like to venture out. Since moving to London, I have begun a love affair with Asian food, mostly Thai and Japanese. I am begining to live in Yo Sushi and Wagamamas, and I decided to have a go at cooking my own  version of Chicken Ramen, which I get at Wagamamas. However, as it is freezing cold, I wanted flavour warmth in my soup-HOWEVER, I completely messed up! I put a WHOLE tiny red chilli in AND the seeds- my throat was literally on fire. Do not do this! Use a very small amount, or even chilli flakes or ginger.

The finished result. You can even see the chilli, that's how hot it was!
Okay, so you will need....
1 spring onion
1 chicken breast
1 small chilli/ small amount of grated ginger
salt and pepper
Ainsley Harriot Chicken and Lemongrass Cuppa Soup- for the base.
Noodles-rice, udon or suba
Boil a pan of water, and heat oil/spray oil in another pan
1. Chop the spring onion and chilli/grate the ginger into small pieces
2. Chop the chicken in to edible chunks
3. Fry the chicken off in the oil heated pan until golden
4. Cook the noodles in the boiling water until soft
5. Meanwhile, boil the kettle and pour over the sachet of power (soup), mixed with the spring onions and chilli/ginger-season
6. Allow soup to rest, drain the noodles
7. Add the chicken and noodles to the soup, stir, and allow to sit for one minute

Enjoy! Using the cup soup as a base is a great way to add substance to your meal, cheaply and quickly, and vice versa- adding the other ingredients to the soup takes it from a lunch to a dinner meal. Great if your a poor and time stricken student!
I hope you like it. Do try the recipe and let me know how it goes!
Fashion Foreword

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥