HELLO

28.4.11

Face Thursday: A New Series!

Hi everyone!
Apologies for being a little MIA over the last week. I've been pulling 10 hour shifts every day since Sunday, and Alex has been back in Oxford so my time has been a little pulled in every direction. However, I have the pleasure of introducing a new series to you today. The name may be changed because what I chose sounds a bit rubbish!

FACE THURSDAY
If you have read this blog, or watched videos on my Youtube channel you will know that I have been battling my skin problems for a very long time.  Since I was 14 years old I have been dealing with spots, blemishes, black heads and discoloration. In the last year I have added dark under-eyes to the growing list of problems with my skin. Now, someone who has perfect skin may think "well you shouldn't care how your skin looks" or the famous one; "it's about inner beauty". Anyone who says that has no idea what having bad skin makes you FEEL. Having 'bad' skin makes you feel depressed, unmotivated and often shy. I am lucky to have natural confidence, but my skin is the one thing that really makes me go into a shell. 
I wear a full face of make up (minus liquid foundation) everyday in the effort to cover the damaged goods, whilst using treatments underneath. I have washed my face twice a day with spot treating face scrubs, lotions, cream washes, gel washes, foam washes and everything in-between and seen little improvement. I have used every cleanser, clarifying lotion and perfecter mentionable. I have branched into high end products from Clinique and Laura Mercier, and seen no difference from the effects of drug store products such as Clean and Clear and L'Oreal. I have used hundreds of different brands when it comes to spot gels, or direct treatments. From Dr Nick Lowe (avoid at all costs), Clean and Clear and now Clinique and have found these just irritate my skin further.
I have honestly reached a point of serious depression with my skin. I wake up and think 'what's the point? I use all these products, spend lots of money and often endure pain and for what? For nothing'. I work in an industry that is constantly judging you on your appearance. And as a woman, you are naturally judged on your appearance. Being brainy is no longer enough, being the top student isn't good enough anymore.
I have decided to take pretty drastic steps and have my skin medically treated. I am really scared but I feel this is the best thing for me. At 19 years old I shouldn't be so miserable from the condition of my skin. And I want to take you on my journey. I want anyone out there who has the smallest pimple to full on acne to feel they can relate to me, and I will show you everything I find and share everything I do on this journey.
I look forward to working on this series. Please post your stories below or write to me personally. With love, and hope!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥