HELLO

3.4.11

Spring Must Have: The Flared Jean

I haven't done a shopping post in forever- hauls aside! Well with Spring finally here, and Summer milli seconds away I have a need to shop for Spring/Summer clothing. One of the biggest things I am harboring after is a pair of 1970's style flared jeans. However, I am incredibly picky with denim, so I have shown you three different styles that I absolutely love!

Current/ Elliot at Net-A-Porter, ASOS, Topshop, MiH New York at ASOS
So as you can see there is a running theme! If I do buy into this trend I want to get a dark wash jean. For a start I personally feel its more wearable and seasonally transitional. Secondly, as the shape isn't figure hugging and accentuates thicker legs, a darker wash will help bang that back into proportion. The jeans also need to be skinnier the the top half of the leg, but not jegging thin! You need t create a flowing, vertical shape. They should also be relatively high waisted-but this depends on your hip to waist ratio. if you have wide hips, go for a high waisted fit, to emphasize the waist, and for skinny hips go for a hipster fit.  
From the above selection, I am seriously eyeing the ASOS pair, and on second/third/forth glances realize I hate the Topshop ones. They break all my rules, and Topshop is ridiculously over priced! Rant over; let me know your flared jean ideas. Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥