HELLO

16.3.11

Recipe: Coley Kedgeree with Boiled Egg

Hello everyone, it's recipe time again. Today I cooked one of my all time favourite dishes, Scottish Kedgeree, but with a twist. I am not really a spice fan, so the Indian version of kedgeree doesn't really appeal to me but the Scottish version, which is usually served as a breakfast, is a really easy and yummy dish to make. The original recipe uses salmon or haddock, but as a poor student salmon is well and truely off the menu. As an alternative, I have used coley, which is a white fish very similar to cod. I also added a few new ingrediants to the mix, so read on if you want to find out more!
You will need:
1 piece of coly
75g rice (any type you like, I used Brown Basmati)
1/2 a leek
1 egg
lemon juice, salt and pepper
parsley
Oil spray
Method:
1)Okay, so first of all you want two pans of boiling water on. One for the egg, one for the rice. Also heat some oil spray in a frying pan. Fish in the oven at 200c for 30 mins
2) Brown half a leek in the frying pan, and then add to the rice water.
3) Measure out 75g (1/2 cup) of rice, and add to two cups of water (with the leeks in). Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 mins

4) Boil the egg for 9 minutes
5) Remove the egg and fish, and smashed up together in a bowel.

6) Add this to the cooked rice, mix. Serve in a bowel with parsley and grated cheese. Oh, and a large glass of white wine! You've got yourself a super yummy and relatively healthy meal. Serve with mixed veggies or salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥