HELLO

12.10.10

Five Fall Fashion Favourites

A real tongue-twister is always a good start! Today I am going to share my 5 fashion favourites for fall. In a way this is like a monthly favourites video, but this is really specific to fashion trends and what I am wearing. I want to know what all your favourites are, so be sure to leave me a comment! (Please allow for artistic license when it comes to my photography skills during editing. I haven't used Photoshop for ages!)
Maxi dresses and Boots

 I wore this exact look today with an oversized knitted cardi and a floral headband. The gypset/ thrown together look was very popular at Topshop Unique AW10/11 and has really caught on as a trend on the streets. Skinny boots work better and around calf height. Brogue style boots are also very popular.
Headbands
 I am absolutely in love with headbands for AW. Floral silk ones for gypset looks, giving the outfit a hippie 70's edge, and knitted, textured ones for layered and comfort looks. Which leads happily onto my next trend...
Knitwear
 Oh it's everywhere! Knitwear in the winter is a no-brainer, but this importance this year is on layering and textures. You see here the different textures between my cardigan and my scarf, the head band and the jumper. Even between the blue hat and the gloves, there is a difference in texture.
Fur and Shearling
 This looks quite vintage! Continuing from layering knitwear, shearling and fur are huge trends. Inkeeping with the hippie 70's style that is key this season, the use of natural fabrics is essential. Shearling is essential sheep wool, and fur is..yeah. If like me you'd prefer not to wear real fur, go fake. Your not being unstylish- Lagerfeld used faux fur at Chanel for AW2010.
Boots, boots and boots
In the UK, winter and autumn usually mean one thing: cold and rain! Which of course isn't cool. So flats, ballet pumps and often heels are off the menu and boots in all shapes and sizes are the plat du jour. I have a selection of heeled, wedge, studded, flat, suede, leather and fabric boots and I love them for day and night looks. 
What are your favourite fall trends? I would love to hear what you guys think!
Fashion Foreword
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE! BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERS. THE COMPETITION CLOSES ON THE 31ST OF OCTOBER SO GET IN THERE!

2 comments:

very well put together. love all the looks

U look good! And I adore your brown shoes - wonderful!


Best!
XX

__________________________________
http://christinakey.blogspot.com/
__________________________________

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥