HELLO

11.10.10

Like Autumn Leaves

My make-up around Autumn is often influenced by the changing scenery. For example, more rain means I do more blue based eye looks in the evening rather than black, and the during the day the turning leaves colour really inspires me. My latest MAC haul included the eyeshadow Arena (satin), and this is a very nude by perfectly Fall colour. It is a stunning nude/gold with tiny shimmers. Here is how I create my perfect Fall look- please excuse the over posing at the end. I love my camera a little too much!
 
Face: Apply foundation, concealer and powder. For this I have used my MAC Mineralize Satinfinish in NC15, Benefit Boi..ing Concealer in 1, and Bobbi Brown Pressed Powder in 5 Soft Sand. I used my MAC 190 for foundation, MAC 195 for concealer and MAC 138 for powder
 
 
Eyes: It is optional to fill in your eyebrows (I used MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Fling), but I feel this gives the look a more polished and professional feel. The prep your eyes with a primer (I used MAC Paintpot in Bare Study, but you could use Urban Decay primer potion, or TooFaced shadow insurance.) Then apply Arena (using a MAC 217) half way along the lid and up to the brow. Do not stray towards the inner area. Then use All That Glitter's (using a MAC 217) to the outer corner, including the brow bone in this half of the eye. Using a MAC 219 brush, use Shroom as your highlight, carrying the colour along the remaining brow bone and down to the inner corner. 
Line your eyes with liquid (I used Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in 100% Black) or gel liner, and use a black mascara on the top lashes. (I used MAC Opulash in Bad, Bad Black).
 
Blush: I used a MAC 138 brush to apply MAC Tenderling sheertone blusher to the apples of my cheeks, and continuing the colour to me temples. 
  
Lips: Prep with lip balm. I used Johnson's Classic Care lip balm. Now any red lipstick would work for this look as these are HUGE this Fall. I chose MAC Viva Glam Cindi over Ruby Woo, as I wanted a glossy look today instead of a matte. 
And here is the final look: me modeling like a right ponce! I can't see Elite model agency signing me up anytime soon  
And my favourite of the showing off: 
I hope you found this useful, or at least had a good laugh at me poncing about. Comments on my giveaway said you ladies wanted more posts (in general) and more how-to's. I hope this satisfied your craving and I will relish any suggestions/requests!
Fashion Foreword
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE! YOU HAVE UNTIL OCTOBER 31ST! GOOD LUCK!

2 comments:

I'm in love with VG Cyndi too!

Great job! Thanks for listening to our comments:) Awesome job!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥