HELLO

8.12.10

Term 1: Student Life Round-Up

Hi guys. I know I promised to write TONNES about student life and I kind of..didn't. Being a student has taught me s much already: both academically and life skills. Some of it totally sucks, some of literally suicidal, but others is the time of life, and some is just honestly the best thing ever. I know this intro is a little vague but I don't want to give it all away at the start! So here it is, the good, the bad and the frankly too ugly for words.


Good!
Okay let's start with some positivity;

  • you can reinvent yourself- if you were a total looser in school/collage, uni is a chance to totally change that
  • you make the most amazing friends- both on your course, in your house and in general acquaintance
  • learn about what your passionate about (in my case fashion and journalism)
  • you meet amazing in-industry people- and work with them
  • you meet incredibly passionate, different and interesting people
  • learn to cook
  • eventually learn to budget
  • learn about who you are, what makes you happy when your alone (films, books, cooking, make up....) who you really miss from home
  • you gain independence on a completely different level
  • you can drink till you literally fall on your ass- and no-one can tell you off or judge you
  • your relationship with your bf/gf grows stronger than ever (this isn't guaranteed)
  • amazing parties
  • freeeeedom!!!!!
  • learn about different cultures
  • drenched in fashion- going to LFW, attending London College of Fashion!
  • living in an amazing city and getting to know all different areas of it!
  • traveling- I get to visit Newcastle every few weeks and I really love it there too. There is a genuine sense of grown-up-ness that comes with traveling between cities. 
  • rolling in at 4am and it being totally normal!
Bad
  • you miss your family, friends and boyfriend- but you do learn to cope
  • you can miss not having to look after yourself
  • when you get ill the first thing you want is your mum/dad
  • spending all your money at the start of term and being so desperately broke that you begin relying on your rents again
  • being lonely- in your room, at 9pm, when you've had a shit day
  • not getting on with housemates/coursemates
  • loud neighbours
  • VERY loud neighbours
  • people stealing your food/cutlery
  • serious amounts of coursework/assignments
  • teeline exams- THESE REALLY SUCK
  • being woken up by people coming home at 3am
The Horrific
  • people who refuse to wash up/clean/hoover/take the rubbish out- generally people who enjoy living in a pig sty and being surrounded by disgusting smells and food
  • still being awake at 5am the day before your major hand in because upstairs is soo effing loud- and having to sleep in the kitchen because it's quiet there
  • seriously running out of money
  • PUTTING ON WEIGHT- when you thought you'd never have time to eat from being so busy! IT'S A LIE- YOU ALWAYS CRAVE SHIT FOOD
  • Going home broke, hungry and miserable- having to admit you fucked up
  • oh... and being TOO DRUNK that you have no idea where you are IN LONDON  this is seriously dangerous- oh and being so 'sick' from drinking that your sick in bed. This is actually lethal, you can die.
Despite ALL the bad stuff, being a student is pretty awesome. I have never been happier; I am studying something that I am passionate about, I am lviing independently, I have amazing friends, and my relationship with my boyfriend is stronger than ever. So except being a wee bit fatter than when I arrived, all is swell :)

Fashion Foreword

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥