HELLO

16.3.10

No! Not wine and soup mixed together.

Interview at UCA Epsom occurred today- sorry, awful English-. I think it went brilliantly, and I really enjoyed the group interview experience. Despite UCA not being my first choice, the course is excellent and the lecturers are very sweet. Apparently I wont know for a month whether I have got in or not, which is rather frustrating but hey ho.


One topic I discussed was the relationship between Miu Miu and Prada. I find it amazing that Muccia Prada is able to balance two businesses and still maintain a high level of design brilliance and originality. This can only be compared to Karl Lagerfeld, who is doing an amazing job with Chanel, Fendi, K by Karl Lagerfeld and Karl.

I simply adore Miu Miu's prints this season. In an earlier post, I discussed how amazing Chloe Seveigny looked in Miu Miu on Elle UK's April cover. Mixing primary school prints with harsh tailoring is an amazing way to balance out work and fun life in a beautiful outfit. 





Whereas Prada rocks the hard edge secretary look, bringing back shots of 80's work wear. However, there is a beautiful link between their Fall 2010 shows; the bow. Thin, but cartoonishly big, the bow belt or 'necklace' is a key linking piece that links the two labels together subtly.










There also seems to be a real focus on breasts and chest detailing in Prada's Fall show. With ruffles in some dresses and peaked nipples in others, the obsession with women's breasts shines through.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥