HELLO

17.6.10

Anna Sui Resort Collection

And I was only going to Tesco :). Another LOTD post as I am enjoying the glorious sunshine we have at the moment before it all goes away. I finally finished my book "Fashion Babylon" by Imogen Edwards-Jones, whilst drinking a glass of wine in the garden. I would really recommend this to anyone into fashion, its a funny, sexy and exhilarating read. Anyway!

Denim Dress from Primark
Heeled Boots from Dorothy Perkins
Belt from French Zara
Cardigan from Topshop

Turn's out there was no real need for the cardigan, but for me it just tied the look together giving it a fluid outline. Today's main event however is my review of Anna Sui's resort collection. As many of you know it is uncommon for resort collections to be put down the catwalk, except by massive fashion houses like Chanel, or Dior. Photographs of Anna's latest collection, availiable from style.com, are modelled soley by the beautiful Chanel Iman, who I personally think fits the clothes like a glove. The style, shapes and prints all suit her- so fastastic choice of model Anna. 
Anyway, my favourite look is the white lace dress. When it comes to summer for me dresses should be simple, airy and in light colours. Although blacks work for super skinny models in the summer, I think we should be wearing more whites, creams and pastles. (Also rocking the ice-cream colours trend!).

The  dress is so beautiful and so summery! The lace gives it a really young and pretty edge, but also rocks the vintage look. Style down with sandals or brogues, or up with heels!
A second key look for me is Anna's patchwork quilt style prints. These appear of most of her dresses, whether they are in the kimono, maxi or ankle length style. I think this print is really good for summer as you can accentuate your personality, while remaining on trend.
Lastly, I love love love the cocktail dresses shown in the middle of the collection. The length isn't super short, but the fabric is sheer and relaxed. You would stay cool, boho and happy in these little numbers!
Stunning flowers! They don't appeal to all people, but florals really work for me! Enjoy the sunshine guys!

E XOXO






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥