HELLO

26.8.10

Blue Smoke

I love smokey eye looks, but sometimes a full blown black smokey eye is a little OTT for daily wear. I often wear a grey/white smokey eye, that has a pink base so it looks really girly and wearable. Well today I tried a turquoise base! I know, that sounds mad but it has come out really nice. I noticed that the majority of things I own are blue, white, grey and black, and so this look encompasses all of these, making it super wearable. First, some photos..

I always look so smug. First of all I should tell you all the products I used aside from the eyes.
FACE: Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin Serum, L'Oreal Anti-Redness Primer, L'Oreal Resurfacing Primer, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (1), L'Oreal True Match Foundation (C1 Ivory Rose), Wet'n'Wild Rouge (Pearlescent Pink), GOSH Sun Powder (001)
LIPS: GOSH Lip Gloss Brilliant A Levres (004)
Okay, so the main attraction- the eyes. I used 'drug store' only make up, as this is what I own! 
Okay so first of all I used TooFaced Shadow Insurance, as we are using alot of eyeshadows and creating a really intense look. I used my L'Oreal Studio Secrets as a base eyeshadow (shade 220), and used the No7 Eyeshadow Brush, all over the lid and the brow area. I then applied the No7 Pacific Green (12, it's a turquoise blue) using the No7 Smudging Brush, all over the lid area. This is quite sheer so I really had to pack the colour in, however it is really pretty. Next, I applied the Rimmel Twilight Zone eyeshadow, in grey, on the crease and the corner, creating a V then blending along the crease line. Once this was applied I blended the grey and the Pacific Green in together, creating that smokey effect. The colour was really sheer and blended brilliantly. I then went back to the Twilight Zone trio, and used the No7 Smudging Brush to apply the white colour as a highlight on the brow bone. I then used the No7 Shader brush to blend this into the grey blue combination. 
I then applied my Rimmel Exaggurated Eyeliner, in black, to my top lid, and used the Rimmel Extra Lash mascara. I chose not to line the bottom waterline, but instead carried the Pacific Green along the bottom lash line, giving the eye a total outline. I am really happy with this look, and it looked super cute with the outfit I wore (which I will post later). Thanks for reading and I hope this helped!
Fashion Foreword

1 comments:

you have such big bright eyes i'm jealous!

Monica xx

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥