HELLO

5.8.10

Next Season Trends: Messy vs Classy

Perhaps messy isn't the correct description for this trend, but next season the Kesha style mix-matched, so bad its good trend is huge. Despite this, the classy, lady like, and even nun trend is also massive. This is a selection of images from ELLE UK magazine, showing how to rock each different look.

Classy/Ladylike
Wool Dress, £795 by Paul Smith
Leather and Ponyskin shoes, £695 from Christian Loboutin
Cotton socks, £14 by Tabio
Wool jumper, £720 by Nina Ricci
Acetate Sunglasses, £180 by Linda Farrow Vintage
Wool dress, £1465 by Miu Miu
Wool headband, £60 by Prada
Acetate sunglasses, £275 by Culter and Gross
Silk and lace shirt, from £2140 by Valentino
Messy/Trashy
Leather and cotton cape, £1360 by Salvatore Ferragamo
Cotton playsuit £243 by Marni
Leather cuff £412 by Gucci
Silk Chiffon skirt £405 by Sportsmax
Tweed and sherling shirt £1195 by Pringle of Scotland
Faux Fur boots £675 by Chanel
Gold necklace £3450 by Gucci
Leather and wool gilet £2078 by Haider Ackermann
Cotton top, £295, and leather and suede boots £450, both Tommy Hilfiger
Leather skirt £1314 by Just Cavalli
Tweed and faux fur bag £1840 by Chanel 
Beaded silk coat £19,565 by Ralph Lauren
Suede trousers £3247 by Balmain
Wool boots £700 by Manolo Blahnik
All images are from Elle UK Magazine.
For me I currently prefer the classy/ladylike look. My style icons include Blair Waldorf and Emma Watson, who both often dress in a lady like manner. The trashy/messy look really just doesn't suit me, and I just think it looks like you've made little effort- although this is often a cool look.
Sorry I'm rambling now! I'm packing for my holiday, and so I'm a little all over the place. Oh and WELCOME to all my lovely new readers!
Fashion Foreword

2 comments:

I love the wool dress...its really cute

http://afashionistasdreamoffashion.blogspot.com/

I love these pictures, especially the silk and lace shirt!!

Check out my blog if you have time, http://beautybloggings.blogspot.com (I'm following :))

Jenn xx

Post a Comment

Look forward to hearing from you. I will reply to all comments that I can. Ellie ♥